Wednesday, December 31, 2008

From the Mouths of Babes

My oldest daughter and I were out sweeping the deck off our kitchen this morning. The recent snow and wind storms had really made a mess of things. The weather was, of course, the typical Pacific Northwest Winter: intermittent rain and/or less than pea size hail.

A light rain began as we were finishing up. Emily said, "Daddy, do you know what rain is?"

"What is it honey?"

"Tiny kisses from God. Hundreds of tiny kisses that you can feel on your face when you look up."

I was astonished at the marvelous insight. I hadn't thought of that before. Rain can really be a blessing. In the Pacific Northwest though, some can think of it as a curse during the long, rainy winter. Myself included. But her comment really turned things on it's head.

"Where," I asked, "did you hear that from?"

"No one." She replied. "And the sun is a hug."

She went on to talk about what lightening, thunder, wind storms, and tornado's were. i.e. wind is blowing on his hot cocoa to cool it down. But the those weren't any where near as insightful as the rain/kiss and sun/hug insights she shared.

I'm really pretty thankful that I was able to hear that from her. I'm even more thankful, that I'm able to record these types of thoughts in this blog.

Blessings in the New Year to you and your families!

Tim


If you like this blog please consider donating to Eastside Baby Corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment