Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Teaching my Daughters About Confession.

Lately, I've been thinking about planting seeds of information concerning the Rite of Penance with my oldest daughter.  She is still several years away from her first confession and I don't want to even dig deep on it yet.  I just want to get her oriented in the right direction so it won't be difficult for her.

Being the techno-geek that I am, I did a Google search on "teaching kids about confession".  Low and behold the second link brought me to this very nice blog called Watching the Flowers Grow.  Katie talks about an opportunity she had with her daughter in a blog title "Teaching the Kids About Confession".

Jen and I are trying to take advantage of opportunities like this as well.  Hopefully we are headed in the right direction.  Perhaps when situations like this do happen, we can drop hints about what Jesus and the Father think.  To quote Katie:  "Forgiveness is mine for the asking."  The Father wants us to ask for it because he wants us to be in right relationship with him and others.

When she does something to her little sister or misbehaves, we make sure she says sorry.  We are working with her to help her understand that she has to mean it when she says it.  And when her little sister does something to her, we try and make sure that she tries to forgive and let go of any anger she might have.  (Hmmm, sounds like something to talk about when helping the kids to understand the "Our Father".)

I'm adding this Watching the Flowers Grow Blog to my Blog List below.

Blessings to you all.

Tim



If you like this blog please consider donating to Eastside Baby Corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment