Thursday, January 1, 2009

Friendship

Great little homilette about friendship. I couldn't agree more about how Aristotle sees friendships. How do you see your friendships? For economic purposes, because their good humor or interesting viewpoints, or because we see reflections of our ideal selves?

If we think of these different levels of friendships in terms of light, which type of light are you drawn toward? Hopefully you are drawn more strongly toward the true Light of Jesus Christ. It is this glimmers of this light that we see in people who exemplify the ideal qualities that we would like to see in ourselves. Those people that are reflections or prisms of the true Light.

So to, I have to be a reflection of the true Light to my children. I need to strive to live a life such that they are drawn to friendship and respect because of the glimmer of the true Light in me rather than the other types of friendship.

I pray that I can be a light for my children.

Not only to my children, but my wife, friends, co-workers, etc.

Blessings to you all.

Tim


If you like this blog please consider donating to Eastside Baby Corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment